The Stay-At-Home Order issued by Mecklenburg County Emergency Management is now in full effect, and it will last until April 16th. It's not an absolute shutdown, however, there are still a list of things you can and can't do until then. Believe it or not, there are still more things you can do than what you can't, but there are some important restrictions that when followed, it will significantly help reduce the spread of Covid_19. Here is a quick rundown of the list.
What you can do:
- See a doctor, visit a pharmacy for medication, or seek emergency help;
- Shop for groceries. This includes supplies needed to work from home and to maintain the safety and sanitation of your homes;
- Go outside for a walk, hike, run, play golf, ride your bicycle, and visit public parks and recreation areas (as long as you stay at least six feet from anyone else)
- Care for or transport family members, friends, and pets if they need it;
- Leave your home to provide essential professional services, like construction, building maintenance, airport operations, utility operations, media, banking, and sale of hardware and supplies.
- Get takeout or delivery food from restaurants.
What you can't do:
- Gather in groups of more than 10 people. That means at your home or anyone else’s, inside or outside. That means the closing of amusement parks, water parks, museums, fairs, play centers, playgrounds, recreation centers, gyms, bowling alleys, movie and performance theaters, and clubs. This restriction goes beyond the 50-or-fewer order that Governor Roy Cooper has already issued;
- Visit loved ones in a hospital, nursing home, or skilled nursing or assisted living facility, except in limited circumstances published on the facilities’ websites;
- Visit friends and family unless it’s necessary.
Choosing to stay at home will always be the best option if possible, however, everyone's circumstances are very different. If you do need to go outside, remember to avoid touching your face, keep your distance from others, and wash your hands whenever you can. Stay safe and healthy!
For more information on the order, click here.