Fall means pumpkins! For eating and for carving. With Halloween around the corner, you want a good pumpkin for carving.
Here is a list of what you should look for when picking out a good pumpkin:
1. Pick it up and tap it. It should sound hollow and feel sturdy.
2. Check for consistent coloring around the whole pumpkin.
3. Look for bad sports like bruises, scratches or dark spots.
4. Make sure it sets flat on the ground.
5. Carry it from the bottom not by the stem!
Follow these rules and you will have a great pumpkin to carve into a Jack-o-lantern!