Do you have what it takes to control the Seven Kingdoms? Journey through the mythical lands of Westeros as noble families, knights and renegades come to life for Science on the Rocks: Winter Is Coming. You, too, can drink and know things as we explore the science of Game of Thrones during this exclusive adults-only night at the Museum.
- Meet wolf dog pups and sample a liquid nitrogen wine slushie at House Stark
- Take the hand-on-fire challenge and meet a modern-day dragon at House Targaryen
- Create your own crown and sit atop a real Iron Throne
- Learn the art of historical sword fighting with "dancing masters" from Swordwind
- Take aim with an archery lesson at Castle Black
- Use silicone to make your own Jaime Lannister golden hand, with assistance from special effects experts at Reynolds Advanced Materials (additional $3 fee; please allow 30 minutes for casting, molding & curing)
- Explore potions and poisons House Martell might have used
- Go on a Night's Watch ranging mission to find hidden wights throughout the Museum
- Compete for prizes in our Game of Thrones Costume Contest
- And much more!
Must be 21 or older. Photo ID required for Museum entry. All IDs will be checked at the door.Check-in will be at Tryon St. Admissions.Cash/credit bars featuring beer, wine and liquor throughout Levels 1 and 2.Parking fee for Discovery Place Science Parking Deck is not included.Curio City Kitchen will be open, serving beer, wine and a special menu.